Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in
Department of Transportation and Logistics Management National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
The Department will process and evaluate the candidates upon receiving their application packages until the positions are filled.
Closing Date: January 31, 2018
The Department of Transportation and Logistics Management at National Chiao Tung University is currently undertaking an academic staff recruitment exercise to recruit two to four tenure-track faculty members devoted to pursuing research excellence in academic and application fields. Applications are invited for appointments at Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor ranks. These positions are tenable from 1st August 2018.
- must hold a doctoral degree in related areas;
- publishes in academic journals of high quality in the recent five years (not applicable to fresh Ph.D. and Ph.D. candidates)
- can teach in English;
- can teach courses related to “Traffic Engineering”, “Traffic Flow Theory”, “Maritime Transportation”, “Air Transportation”, “Railway Transportation”, “Logistics Systems”, “Distribution Channel Optimization”, and/or “Information Technology”;
- has the desire and potential to fit to the directions of the Department in “Sustainable Transportation”, “Intelligent Transportation Systems”, and/or “Logistics Management”.
An applicant should submit:
- a curriculum vitae stating the professional experience and expertise;
- a photocopy of the official Ph.D. certificate, or a statement of the expected graduation date for Ph.D. candidates;
- transcripts of bachelor and all post-graduate studies (for assistant professorship applicants only);
- a photocopy of the Ph.D. thesis (or a draft of the thesis for to-be-graduated Ph.D. candidates);
- a list of publications (indicating the impact factor), and samples of recent publications in the last five years;
- a statement of research plan for the next five years;
- a list of courses able to teach.
Shortlisted candidates are also required to submit two letters of recommendation.
Applicants should submit an application package to
Prof. Y.-C. Chiou, Department Head
Department of Transportation and Logistics Management
National Chiao Tung University
1001 University Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 300, ROC
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries, please contact
Prof. Y.-C. Chiou, Tel: +886-3-5712121 # 57640 or email: email@example.com
Miss Cherry Wang, Tel: +886-3-5716440, Fax: +886-3-5720844, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org